SOA Developer (Oracle)
Location: Houston , TX
Length: Long term
Job Type: Contract to hire
The SOA Developer is responsible for technical development, maintenance and support of the Oracle E-Business Suite with a heavy focus on system integrations architecture and development.
The successful candidate for this role will have excellent development and analytical skills. Responsible for working both individually and in team environments to develop and deliver business functionality based onOracle SOA, Oracle EBS, and other peripheral system software components. The candidate will work closely with the Fusion Middleware Architect, and the Application Developers and Business Analysts from multiple systems, to Support SOA processes, and translate requirements to technical design, through development, unit testing and assisting with deployment of developed components.
Take direction concerning any of the following, from the Fusion Middleware Architect or the Software Development Manager.
• Will likely serve as the primary or backup technical resource for 3rd-party Fusion Middlewarebased solutions.
• Define, design, and implement complex composites using BPEL, OSB, Human workflow, Business rules, JDeveloper, XML, Java, SOAP, REST and other protocols.
• Implement logging, auditing, and user notification features within all custom components.
• Implement appropriately secured web services.
• Implement custom Exception Handling mechanism and use SOA Fault policies.
• Segment and design system layers to support componentized and layered application development, including user interface, business functionality, and database access.
• Support our existing Java applications and new development efforts as we continue our migration effort to Java / J2EE technologies and SQL, PL/SQL.
• Monitor existing SOA processes using the OEM interface, adept at drilling down to the point of failure and investigating specific issues independently.
• Deploy the composites using ANT and other third party tools in different environments.
• Interface with other IT areas and end users in most phases of software development.
• Research, design and development of Java based applications and components.
• Research and evaluation of relevant technologies and presentation of alternative solutions.
• Demonstrate understanding of business requirements and functional specifications. Prepare technical design documents and develop as per the design to meet project requirements.
• Investigate and resolve complex problems through research and technical analysis.
• Coordinate with the technical team, Oracle support, DBA, IT Infrastructure, Technical consultant and/or other Functional consultants for implementing bug fixes/ SR resolution.
• Work on multiple projects concurrently and/or multiple high priority user support issues simultaneously.
• Effectively communicate project status information, design discussions and issues with project team comprised of resources from IT, Consultants and End Users.
• Coordinate with other application leads for issue fixing and proactively prevent issue occurrence
• Consulting within the Oracle Fusion Middleware Environment
• Prepares/maintains schedules for assigned deliverable project items and required project documentation.
• Provide continual assessment and review of unit testing and integration plans to ensure the solutions meet the business need and are working as designed.
• Keep apprised of developments in the industry through educational and other information resources to determine opportunities for applying technology to business activities.
• Effectively work with vendors and external partner support services to obtain solutions and/or workarounds that are acceptable to business operations.
• Participate on major SOA-related upgrade initiatives as needed. Coordinate patching regularly, by schedule and as-needed.
• Maintain and/or develop Oracle ADF (and/or Oracle APEX) applications, for middleware usages (enterprise logging system, etc.).
• Follow change management procedures for moving programs and code into production.
• Use Oracle BPM Suite for business process automation. Some skills in this area are desired, or at least the willingness to explore and learn (also BAM, Business Rules, etc.).
• Interact with other middleware/messaging teams within the company, who are working with other technologies, to properly serve the company’s System Integration and web services needs.
• Experience with any of the following is a bonus! • IBM Maximo • Inspyrus • Documentum (or other Document Mgt. System)
• Fusion HCM Cloud
• Other Fusion Middleware experience
o Oracle Access Management Suite
o WebLogic administration/configuration
o WebCenter Portal
o Business Rules
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
1. Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
2. Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of experience in System Design and Design Methodologies and Tools.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Oracle BPEL, XML, XSLT, XSD’s, Java performance tuning and monitoring.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in J2EE including Weblogic, Web Services.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience of SOA architecture, governance, adoption and implementation.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Oracle Service Bus (or Oracle ESB), Oracle RDBMS (11g & 12c).
Background in business process analysis, system requirements, as well as data modeling and detailed functional design.
Demonstrates expert knowledge in working with integration and interfaces to other systems.
Practical experience routing warning/error messages, automation of the routing, and techniques to prevent processes from needing to route these types of messages after-the-fact.
Familiarity of Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), EBS Analytics, WebCenter Portal, Single Sign On (OracleIdentity Governance Suite and/or Oracle Access Management Suite Plus), building dashboards in relation to SOA activity is a plus.
a. Oracle experience: Oracle BPEL 11g, Oracle Service Bus 11g, Oracle ESB 11g, J2EE including Weblogic, Web Services, Oracle SOA Suite 11g, , Oracle Database 11i, SOA process performance tuning
b. Knowledge of SOA principles and practices, and the ability to apply meaningfully to system integrations.
c. Knowledge of and Experience in all areas of solution architecture related to SOA: Infrastructure, Security, Integration, Application, Data.
d. Detail oriented and effective time management and strong analytical, organization and problem solving skills.
e. Exceptional written, strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
f. Dedicated, motivated, efficient and results oriented and possess an ability to work with minimal supervision.
a. Experience securing SOA processes, especially data-in-motion. Experience with WSSECURITY standard. Experience with security access/authentication *to* SOA processes (OAM Suite Plus, etc).
b. Oracle ADF User Interface experience. And/Or Oracle APEX.Ability and experience with generating common (Canonical) data models.
c. Oracle BPM Suite 11g experience.
g. Technical and analytical abilities sufficient for the maintenance and development of Oracle ERP products and systems, and should have technical experience with the most of the following Oraclemodules: E-Business Suite (GL, AR, AP, PO, FA, Project Costing, Financials, HRMS, Procurement, Budgets, Cash Management, iExpenses and Time & Labor) and IBM’s Maximo Asset Management System. Any experience with Oracle Fusion HCM file-based integrations might be helpful. h. Eclipse IDE experience (forOracle Service Bus 11g)
i. Oracle XSU (XML SQL Utility) for REST services.